Friday, March 4, 2011

I love water



I never thought I'd care about water pipes. Who gives it a thought really? I'll tell you who- people without water. In fact, then it becomes all you can think about...cool, clean, revitalizing water. It becomes an obsession.

I live in a desert - Arizona. I have been in severe heat without water and I didn't last long at all. So when I had these beautiful Ethiopian women share a piece of their life without water, I could never fully comprehend it, but I began to get the idea and it seared by heart.

So I continue to write about how your support is bringing water to 58,000 people. I could die and feel great about being a part of that accomplishment. I hope you think so to.

  • 13 km of pipe laid with 14.5 km to go! Half way there
  • Spring box complete
  • Dera Reservoir of 500m3 complete
  • Awash Reservoir of 300 m3 complete
  • 20 water points with 6 faucets each - left to be done

No comments:

Post a Comment